Welcome to the HDI feel good page: Surprising tips for feeling good, anywhere and anytime!
Top Physical Health Benefits of Music:
Research shows, listening to music is good for your health and well-being. Watching while listening… even better!
1. Motivates people to move more. A study of found that healthy individuals, while riding stationary bicycles, worked harder while listening to fast-paced music. An extra bonus: They also enjoyed the music more than listening to it while not moving.
2. Improve workout motivation and performance. Runners have been found to beat their best time by simply listening to high intensity, “pumped up” music. Runners, break out your iPods! Listening to music has been shown to help you run faster, boost workout motivation, and enhance endurance.
3. Eat less, naturally. Research has found that playing soft music during a meal naturally results in slowed eating during a meal, consuming less food in one sitting.
Artist: Steve Hott
Song: Here for You
Record: Here for You
Mental Health Benefits of Music
Research shows listening to music is the key to mental wellness.
1. Reduce stress. Studies have shown that listening to music biochemical stress reducers.
2. Creates a relaxation state. Listening to slow relaxing music, can alter brainwave activity creating a meditative or event hypnotic relaxed state. Some research suggest these states have a therapeutic effect, potentially easing symptoms of migraines, PMS, and even behavior issues.
3. Elevate mood and reduce symptoms of depression. A recent study found that music put people in an uplifted mood, even resulting in increase in arousal and mood stability. Study participants also reported “self-awareness” as a heightened factor in their emotional well-being.